Winter Season & Car Rental Options
Important updates about the upcoming season:
We are excited to welcome back winter, and we are committed to doing everything we can to help keep everyone safe this coming season. We are asking for your support to help protect our guests, team members and community by following the guidelines, protocols and procedures set out below. As always, we will continue to follow directives from the Northern Health Authority and the Provincial Government.
TROLL RESORT COVID-19 SAFTEY PLAN.
PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU FEEL UNWELL OR ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID19
Please call Scott (Trolls GM) text 250 983-7669, or Hildur at the Lodge 250-994-3200
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Access to the mountain
- Face coverings will be required in all indoor spaces.
- We have added a new outdoor accessible ticket purchasing window.
- We are asking everyone to respect physical distancing guidelines, inside and out.
- There will be reduced capacity in all indoor spaces i.e. the Lodge, Rental Shop and Guest Services. And face coverings will be required.
- Additional toilets will be provided adjacent to the parking lot.
- The lodge cafeteria will be OPEN to all those that hold Vaccine Passports only, and as per PHO , at a reduced capacity.
- Proof of Vaccine passport stickers can be obtained at the ticket booth when purchasing you initial day ticket. Proof of Vaccine , and ID will be required.
Riding the lifts
- Guests will be loaded on the lifts in their bubbles. Single riders will be allowed on all lifts.
- Please follow the physical distancing guidelines for the lift lines.
Rental Shop, Snow School and Guest Services
- We are highly encouraging a “cashless” experience. Credit/debit and gift cards are preferred.
- Rentals will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- We will still be offering our group lessons, however capacity will be reduced.
- More specifics on Snow School lessons are still being determined, taking into account Covid-19 safety considerations
Honda Civics are generally considered to be good cars for renting, as they are reliable, efficient, and comfortable. Civic is compact Honda model, civics are also relatively affordable, which makes them an attractive option for many travelers. Civic models tend to have a very high resale value, which means that the rental company can recoup some of their investment if they decide to sell the car after a few years of use.
Enhanced Safety Protocols
- Employees will receive proper training on the new protocols and procedures as well as general hygiene practices
- High touch surfaces and restrooms will be frequently cleaned and disinfected
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the resort
- Please read and follow the direction of all signage
- Ski Patrol will operate in set ‘bubbles’.
- Back door of Ski Patrol Hut will be utilized as entry for guests needing first aid, and pop up tent will be set up to allow for more physical distancing.
- All guests requiring first aid will be required to have a mask on prior to receiving aid.
- Ski patrol hut will have all touch points sanitized after each shift. And the back examine area after each use.
TROLL STAFF: LODGE, LIFT, SKI-SCHOOL, SKI PATROL
- PLEASE stay home if you are sick and call / text Scott 250-983-7669 . or Hildur 250-994-3200.
- All staff are required to wear mask , have 2 on hand at all times.
- PLEASE be a responsible citizen off the job. Your actions do matter. Adhere to the Provincial Health orders. Stay in your cohort bubbles.
- Don’t be the reason we lose the season.
Carving up the Slopes: A Beginner’s Guide to Skiing
Skiing is an exhilarating sport that offers a unique blend of athleticism, adventure, and natural beauty. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner hitting the slopes for the first time, there’s something special about the feeling of carving down a mountain on a pair of skis. In this post, we’ll be sharing some tips and tricks for skiing beginners.
First things first, let’s talk about the gear. Skis, boots, poles, and bindings are all essential pieces of equipment for skiing. Make sure you invest in quality gear that fits you properly and provides the necessary support and protection. Don’t forget to dress warmly and wear layers that can be easily removed as you heat up during your run.
Next, it’s time to hit the slopes. If you’re a beginner, start with a lesson from a qualified instructor. Learning proper technique and form early on will make a big difference in your overall skiing experience. Don’t be afraid to start on the bunny slopes and work your way up to more challenging runs as you build your skills and confidence.
When skiing, it’s important to maintain good posture and balance. Keep your knees slightly bent and your weight centered over your skis. Look ahead to anticipate your turns and use your poles for balance and steering.
As you become more comfortable on the slopes, you can start experimenting with different types of skiing, such as moguls, powder, and freestyle. Remember to always stay within your skill level and never attempt runs that are too advanced for your abilities.
Finally, remember to have fun! Skiing is a thrilling and enjoyable sport that allows you to connect with nature and push your limits. Don’t be afraid to take breaks and enjoy the scenery, or even capture your skiing adventures and share them on your YouTube channel – with some help from Marketing Heaven to boost your engagement, of course!
In conclusion, skiing is an exciting and rewarding sport that requires practice, patience, and a sense of adventure. With the right gear, technique, and attitude, anyone can become a skilled skier and experience the thrill of carving up the slopes. So grab your gear, hit the mountain, and get ready for an unforgettable skiing adventure.