- This event has passed.
5th Annual Mount Everest Challenge
March 3 - March 4
Mount Everest Challenge
What is the Everest Challenge? The Everest Challenge is the brainchild of Len Sinclair, co-owner of Troll Resort. He did the math and determined that if a person were to complete a certain number of designated runs (on our mountain) it would be the equivalent height as having climbed Mount Everest!
What are those designated runs? The magic number is 20, but 7 of those runs are mandatory. The 7 mandatory runs are Snow White, Hurdy Gurdy, Viking, White Lighting, Overlander, The Rush and Racer’s Edge. The remaining 13 runs are skier/snowboarder’s choice. It is a true test of what you can accomplish…and it IS possible. Lifts begin, for the challengers, at 8:30am and run until 4:00pm. A hotdog lunch and refreshment is provided at the bottom of the red lift.
This event is open to ALL AGES and an AMAZING DRAW PRIZES is handed out to each age category, who completes their 20 runs! Age Catagories are:
8 & under, 9-13, 14-18, 19-39, 40-59, 60 and over
**18 years & under, MUST have a signature of their parent or guardian to participate**
– THE EVEREST BASE CAMP CHALLENGE for ages 8 and under
Every year we have some wee little ones and THIS year we wanted to give them their own attainable goal. Everest Base Camp. The equivalent distance to reach Base Camp is 12 runs. The 7 mandatory runs and 5 more of their choosing.
Entry fee is $25 per person and other than the opportunity to challenge yourself, you will also receive the collectable Troll Mount Everest T-Shirt, event sticker, lunch, beverages and your name entered into the prize draw, should you complete the challenge!
Last year, we introduced the Speed Pass. This handy little pass allows you to cut to the front of the line (Red Lift), up to 6 times! Cost is an additional $10, and can be worth it when you give your waiting friends a wave as you cut in front of them.
- No speeding, this is a challenge, not a race.
- The 7 runs identified on the attached trail map must be taken. You will need to pick up, on each of the identified runs, the token for that run which must be given to the attendant at the TOP of the Red Lift station, in order for you to be credited for that run.
- The remaining 13 runs can be taken on any of the runs off of the top of the Red Lift station. No speeding!!!
- At the end of your 20th run, turn in your bib at the bottom of the lodge.
- You have to make 20 runs to get into the draw for prizes. Make sure you check on how many runs you have made.
- Hot dogs and drinks will be served at the bottom of the Red Lift, for lunch.
- Thr prizes for each age group will be given out by a random draw, in the lodge, at 4:30pm.
CAMPING at EVEREST BASE CAMP
This has become a yearly tradition (and another way to get your name entered into a draw). Winter camping is fun, and camping with your whole family is even more fun! At the end of the ski day, on Saturday (approx. 3pm), campers are welcome to set up their tents and prayer flags (if they have any). There will be a potluck dinner in the lodge at 4:30- 5:30. And a Mountain movie will be played on the big screen in the lodge.
COMSTUMES. COMSTUMES. COSTUMES!
We HIGHLY encourage costumes and even have a sweet prize for the best costume! This is yet another way to possibly win yourself an amazing door prize!!!
Come out and enjoy our 4th annual Mt Everest event.
Complete with Base camp again this year, and lots of great prizes.